Quilt Show Kids Kitchen Stove!
Did you like the kitchen chair decorated as a mini stove at the quilt show? Here's a link to a pdf file of the instructions to make one!
Ridge Quilters' Guild is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote quilting through education, exhibitions, programs, workshops and to encourage philanthropic quilting for the benefit of our guild, community, state and country.
Our guild strives to preserve the traditional patterns using today's techniques and tools while exploring and discovering new patterns. Come join us every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10am. We meet at the Senior Center on Nunneley Rd. in Paradise, CA.
You can reach us at email@example.com.
This 2016 Opportunity Quilt was won by Marge McDonald of Paradise.
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 General Meeting
If you missed the meeting you missed a good one! We had 5 of our members offer demonstrations on various techniques. The general membership separated out among the 5 areas setup with table and chairs. Each "teacher" gave a 15 minute demonstration on a topic of their choice.
- Cathy Anderson demonstrated how to take blocks of varying sizes and make them all the same size. With a twist!
- Joan McWilliams showed how to make a pillowcase with cuff and trim all at once.
- Laura Green gave a very detailed demonstration on making Continuous Prairie Points. She suggested going to YouTube and doing a search on Continuous Prairie Points for more instruction.
- Ginger Medbery even had her sewing machine to show us how she does binding ending and corners.
- Becky Ray did a demo on Cathedral Windows. After a class we had at the guild she found an easier way to do it.